Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Much Used Cliche.. "New Year, New Me"


"It's a new year, new me!"
I know this is what everyone says to themselves just as the ball is about drop & the confetti poppers start to get pulled. 
Last year, I put my expectations way too high for the new year. I told myself I would start eating super healthy, exercise everyday, go on my computer less, etc. I think I gave up in like a week (eek!). Hey, it happens. So I have a few tips to start the new year fresh, but not with super high expectations because you and I both know, eating spinach everyday isn't the easiest:

1. Clean Out
Nothing is better than starting the year off with a clean room. I usually start off by cleaning out my closet, then work my way around the room. If my room's a mess, I'm a mess.

2. Keep Calm & Carry On
Being the typical virgo I am, I get stressed oh so easily. Everything has to be planned out & nothing can be out of place (most of the time, I can get lazy :P). 

I have just recently become an avid tea drinker. Drinking tea just calms my whole body and gives me happiness with just a little cup of hot water. My favorites would have to be jasmine green tea or chamomile



If you know me, you know that I always have a candle burning in my room. Not only does the sweet aroma soothe me, but also the sight of the small flames dancing around with their shadows on my wall. 



Last but not least, twinkling lights. Man do I love coming into my room with the beautiful lights over my headboard, It just makes the room feel magical. 
I got mine on amazon.com for eight bucks - what a steal! 



Wishing you all a very happy new year, hope these ideas help you all!


6 comments:

  1. these are really good advice. Happy New Year!! btw i love your videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice! I am obsessed with your monogrammed pajamas from J. Crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle! I love your blog and how it looks, so I was wondering if you could do a blogpost or youtube video on how to set up a blog and how to customize the header with pictures like you did! I have always wanted to have a blog but I just don't know how to set it up and make it all cute like yours! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute new year advice. I love it, and I am obsessed with the monogram pjs.
    xoxo
    AnnMarie
    http://annmariebanasik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sorry for the random question but what summer camp do you attend I'm trying to find one too attend and you seemed to love yours! Sorry if this is too personal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. good advice!
    ooh-la-laaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete