Sunday, November 10, 2013

Camp Nostalgia



             Ahh, the sweet smell of campfires and nature. If anyone has been to sleep away camp, you would know exactly what I'm talking about. My camp friends and I like calling camp "the bubble". No phones, no tv, no outside communication rather than the old snail mail. Not going to lie, while I do have a strong love for social media, it's quite refreshing not having to worry about how many likes you got on your recent photo or if your favorite youtuber uploaded a new video. Back to the snail mail, I absolutely enjoy writing letters (besides the aching pain of my hands after writing so much.) Every night before bed, I would write letters to family and friends along side all of the other girls on my hall. It's quite peaceful really, hearing the calming sound of my plug in fan and the smell of everyone's freshly washed hair at night. 

          I think what I miss most about camp are the friends I made. We have an ongoing group chat always updating eachother and giving advice. Lights out at 10:00, flashlights on at 10:05. As immature as this might sound, this was my favorite part of the day. We would share funny stories, play pranks on other people (harmless of course) or just talk. You really do meet the best of friends at camp. I have met people from all over including Puerto Rico where one of my best friends lives! I love befriending the counselors, they are so passionate about the lord and are always willing to talk. I just feel so safe while at camp.

Now just because it is camp, doesn't mean I don't excited for my outfits! Not your typical day to day style, but I like to call it "camp chic". I just love waking up on a chilly morning in NC for breakfast. I get to slip on a big tshirt with a patagonia fleece overtop, nike shorts peeking out just a bit, while staying comfortable yet campy with my black strappy chacos. Most of the time I'll ask my roommate to braid my hair. One of the major bonuses of going to camp is everyone knows how to do so many unique types of braids. I try not to wear makeup, I mean it's an all girls environment. I may as well give my skin a break! Somedays I still like to dab on a little blush or concealer.

Everyday Camp Outfit ("Camp Chic")



11 comments:

  1. I loved this!! You are very entertaining!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, I would love to know how you make your collages at the end. Do you use polyvore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle, I think you are a great writer! And your Instagram and YouTube channel are the best! :) Keep up the good work in high school; it's the last four years of your life where you can actually keep up with being crazy busy with fun activities. College comes with so many more stresses, so take these four years slowly! I am currently a sophomore in college, and up until the end of last year, I did not realize how amazing high school had been :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and love your channel and now blog!
    http://classicandpreppysimplicity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every Sunday I post a worship post! Just a little bit of camp for you Hollymont gals to look at. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited to see where blogging takes you, love all you do!
    prepinyourstep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danielle whats your polyvore? love your blog btw!(:

    ReplyDelete