Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Perfect Dress

With the holiday season just around the corner, we all know that there will be events from left to right. Whether it be a family gathering, winter dance or a Christmas party, it is necessary to have appropriate attire. I for one am someone who really doesn't like to wear the same dress twice. When I say this, of course I am going to wear it again to dinner or just going to the mall, but when big events come around, I like to get a new dress. Now, I'm a high school student, there is no way I can get a new Valentino dress every time an event comes around.
One of my favorite stores to find holiday dress would have to be H&M. I found a perfect black dress for only $14! I definitely will be wearing it to a holiday outing paired with some nude flats or gold sandals for comfort. 
Windsor is another store with good quality clothing yet great prices. I know many people who have gotten their homecoming dress there. Not only do they have gorgeous dresses for more dressy events, but they have casual dresses. Windsor also has the cutest jewelry, I always run straight to the jewelry area when I get there. 
My number one rule when picking out a dress:
You must feel CONFIDENT!
Look in the mirror:
Do you feel comfortable? 
Is it okay to dance in? (at least for me, because I LOVE to dance)
Do you feel pretty?
When you walk around, do you feel confident and great in it?
If all of these answers are yes, then go for it!
If I don't feel good in a dress, then I don't dare buy it because getting dressed up for events, etc. is all about feeling elegant and dressed up for the night. 

My favorite style of dress is the "Fit & Flare". These dresses are flattering on absolutely everyone and you don't have to worry about eating too much. :P The fit and flare dress is fitted on top and then flares out at the waistline or sometimes higher giving a flattering silhouette. 

Here are a few fit and flare dresses that I think would be great for holiday events!



3 comments:

  1. Aww I love this post it's perfect! And I really love the first dress in the picture it is absolutely adorable! :)

    http://thepreppysisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these dresses I wish I had all of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey danielle! where is the middle gold sequin dress from? thanks!

    ReplyDelete