Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"Preppy" Essentials

          I love fashion. Who doesn't love fashion? I love getting to wear different styles according to my mood. One of my favorite styles to wear could be considered the "preppy" style. Many of my followers have noticed my somewhat recent love for the preppy style. Really, I hate to stereotype styles. If you are feeling more studious, clean cut, happy and bright then dress more preppy! Here are a few items I think you should have in your closet to complete the preppy look.


Danielle's Preppy Essentials

1. Chino Shorts - if any of y'all are like me, living in Florida you can still wear shorts to this day. Chino shorts are the high waisted shorts of preppy style. These are my favorite shorts to wear because they aren't super tight and go great with so many different outfits. I probably have about 8 or 9 pairs of chino shorts ranging from neutral to colorful colors. Most of mine are either from JCrew, JCrew Factory or Forever21. I have seen some chino shorts at Target as well!


2. The Oxford - an oxford is the number one staple to have in your preppy wardrobe. Oxfords are classy and clean cut. I love pairing oxfords with staple necklaces tucked into a skirt or chino shorts. If you want to be a bit more casual, you could wear an oxford with jeans and riding boots (or cowboy boots if you want to channel your inner southern side). 







3. Pearl Earrings - my favorite pair of earrings are my pearl earrings that I got for my birthday. Pearls go with absolutely anything - gold, silver, rose gold, you name it! I'm a studs kind of girl, but I know they have drop earrings with pearls at the end if you're into that. I had a pair of fake pearl earrings from Claire's for the longest time, for my birthday I got a pair of real pearl earrings and have loved them ever since. So it's your choice, they both look amazing the real might last longer though.



Hope everyone is having a TERRRRIFFIICCC Tuesday!
xoxo,
Danielle 



3 comments:

  1. I wish I could wear shorts outside but its absolutely too freezing and windy to wear them, so I have to wear leggings(which isn't completely a bad thing).
    I'm so glad you made a blog, because your fashion really inspires me from your youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with this! I absolutely love my pearl earrings that I just got and chino shorts... A must have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you in a recent post! Check it out! Love your blog!
    stylebysalli.blgospot.com

    ReplyDelete